Sunday, June 26, 2011

60% Baked and Kicking Up A Storm

After 24 weeks...



To think that I thought she was showing in week 19.  We're about six weeks from her being a human Pogo Ball.


The kid is starting to bend it like Beckham in there.  He is banging around constantly.  It's pretty awesome.  He is kicking, punching, elbowing, doing flips, and generally showing the physical strength he will not be showing his first six weeks out of the womb.  Ah, the power of amniotic fluid.

Just as cool as having Matthew punch me in the face is staring at E's stomach and watching it suddenly go all Alien on us.  It's crazy how out of nowhere, her entire belly will ripple or one of various vital organs looks like it is spasming.  It is equally crazy how upsetting such symptoms would be if she weren't pregnant.

And yes, I have laid my face on E's stomach to see what it feels like to get punched in the face by my son.  I consider it preparation for when we are wildly dysfunctional.

That last line was probably going too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment