Thursday, September 13, 2012

Not Such a Great Night's Sleep

Sleeping in Colorado has been wonderful.  The temperatures are in the forties so with a little bit of heat  on and some nice warm blankets, its perfect.  And there are nothing but twin beds.  Cuddling is great, and then that's enough.  Mike and I both enjoy a stretch; I'm talking either sleeping on a diaganol or with our legs totally out to both sides.  Okay, too much information and I have digressed.  My point in all this blah blah is that I have been sleeping really well here.

But last night, though, not so much.  And here's why...from about 2:30-4:30AM, I was listening to this delight right outside my window.  Cool during the day.  Less cool throughout the night.  My hope is that at least it worked out that he was able to find himself a mate.  Otherwise, all was lost.

As a sidenote, Mike and Matthew slept perfectly.  Is it alarming that on the same night I was relishing not sharing a bed with my husband, the mating song of a male elk awoke me from my slumber?

No comments:

Post a Comment