Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Typical Day in the Life of My Husband

This post was meant to be created weeks ago but I've been lacking in the energy and general feeling good department.  But, there was this one day that I should tell you about where my husband did the following:

1. Dishes.  I HATE doing them.  It's a very easy task, but I would much rather scrub a toilet or vaccuum a mansion.  Even if my choice was all of that or wash one dish.  Mike did about 100 dishes to start the day.  Evidence of his labor!


2. He did what he does most mornings.  Shaves his face leaving a mustache, goatee, or hideous sideburns and then coming into the bedroom where I am still sleeping asking, "What do you think?" as if I hadn't been in this scenario most days of most weeks of the last 6 years.


3. He made dinner that night.  Homemade, from scratch, spaghetti.  Delicious recipe from my mom. 


4. .  He read to me before bed.  I was reading a really good book, The Help, but I did not have the energy to hold the book or read.  So he did.  He even did a southern accent. :)

5. He did hours of "homework" which means responding to Kellogg e-mail and studied/prepared for his final exams.

5. At midnight, after I'd been asleep for a few hours, I woke up to him, doing and looking like this:




That's right folks.  He put on his full softball uniform and was practicing his swing and pitching.  Uh huh, he is 29!  He is going to the University of Virginia in a few weeks for softball tournament.  Yep.

My loving, helpful, and child-like husband ladies and gentlemen.  Boy or girl, they're gonna be blessed with a great father.

No comments:

Post a Comment