Sunday, February 20, 2011

Charity Auction Ball

The event that has been all-consuming for my husband occurred last night.  Charity Auction Ball.  I am really proud of all that Mike was able to accomplish and am so grateful for all the money that is going to charity.  Mike was able to increase (from last year) external donations by 40% and at least 15,000 more dollars were raised for charity!  Below is a picture of us from the event.


A side note story from the event: a guy named Ed that Mike goes to school with asked where I was since Mike was alone at the time.  Mike said that I was not feeling well so I was sitting down.  Ed half-jokingly asked if I was pregnant.  Mike said no since the plan was to not tell anyone.  Quickly thereafter Mike said, "I'm sorry.  I can't lie.  Yes, she's pregnant."  Needless to say, Ed and his girlfriend Jen went nuts!

Oh, and earlier in the day he told his good friend Brian that we're pregnant because when asking what food was going to be available at the event, Brian just stuck with telling him sliders thinking that was a satisfying answer.

Key information: Mike can't keep our great news quiet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment