Sunday, April 26, 2015

Vacation Post, One Month Late

In mid-March, I took my first vacation since last July.  I'm a true American hero.

We had a terrific family week, at least until 3:00 AM Thursday morning, when it turned into family stomach flu week.  But even that was as good as it can be when everyone has varying degrees of stomach flu.

The highlight of the week was spending two days in Wisconsin Dells, at the Wilderness Resort water park.  We went for one day last year and decided to stretch it to two days this year.  In spite of the fact that the customer service is abysmal and the park is roughly the size of Nebraska, which shouldn't have been a problem given our passion for walking miles on end with a person who has 4 inch legs, we had a great time.  There is something about watching Bean's face light up while repeatedly going down the kiddie slide, or walking in the pool for 45 minutes next to Matthew as he doggy paddles back and forth in a life jacket saying "Just keep swimmin'" over and over again, that makes you ok with the fact that the woman at the front desk was unable to answer any of your questions and talked to you like you are a 6-year old.

The highlight of the drive was Matthew showing a true inclination for future leadership.  After asking me to read he and his sister a story, he decided he was thirsty.  So he threw his milk cup.  At the back of my head.  It fortunately flew over my skull, slammed into the dashboard, and gently nestled in my lap.

"Matthew!  Why did you do that?"

"I'm thirsty."

"Then you need to ask nicely.  That could have hurt me."

"Please may I have milk."

**I fill his milk and give it to him**

"NOW READ!"

You're welcome, Matthew.

No comments:

Post a Comment