Friday, April 10, 2015

God is so Good, Thea

Last night, when Thea picked out a book for story time before bed, she came running to me with the Bible in hand, proclaiming with great joy, "God book!"

While snuggling in her room, I asked her what song she wanted to sing. "God is so good!" 

God is so good
God is so good
God is so good, he's so good to me

Just before laying her down I whispered to her, "Thea, I really, really love you. And so does God."

Not coincidentally, the devotional I read last night (that I don't always read), spoke about God's faithfulness to Abraham. It emphasized that it's not always easy to remember this; it took 25 years between the promise of a child to Abraham and the birth of Issac. On the Eve of Thea's second birthday, my frequent prayer for her is being brought top of mind - that no matter how bright and joyful, or dark and hard, that she remembers God is faithful and He really really loves her and that with that, she remain strong in her faith and joy and loving of the Lord. 



No comments:

Post a Comment