Thursday, May 29, 2014

Well That Went Awful

After arriving at the park and unbuckling Matthew, I heard a young girl screaming.  My first thought was "I'm at the park, that's totally normal."  But as a listened more closely, it wasn't that type of scream.  As I stepped away from the car, I noticed a four year old on a bike...and her pregnant mother running after her.  I quickly offered help, which the mother declined.  I was hesitating to accept her refusal for help as I heard her daughter yelling "I don't know how to stop," but I was unsure of what to do - lock my kids in the car and run after her daughter?  And then I hopped in the car, told Matthew to hold on, and followed the girl.  Thankfully, a teenager had come to help and the girl was unharmed.  Phew.  We drove back to the car and I opened the door to the back seat to find Matthew sitting behind Thea's car seat holding on to her car seat's sun shield.

Now time for fun after a LOOOOONNNG morning!

Until Matthew fell through a netting at the park.  I was there to catch so no harm done, except that I scratched his neck, causing him to bleed.  No tears but sheesh!

And to end our forty minutes of great fun, Thea out of nowhere bumped her chin on a bridge.  Since she bit her lip she was bleeding and got her first fat lip.


Yep.  It's time to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment