Monday, April 8, 2013

Dilation, I Mean Doctor, Update

The whole family trooped off to my OB this morning.  Thankfully this time Mike was able to hold Matthew so that he didn't try to play peek-a-boo with my sheet cover.  While that was super fun for last week, we don't need to scar him anymore than we will do so naturally.  Anywho...

I am now 3cm dilated.  This definitely got us excited as it indicates that my body is progressing towards delivery and if nothing else it will make my labor shorter because I will have less centimeters to dilate while in actual labor.  We discussed plans for post-due date ultrasounds, for if my water breaks, and/or when to head to the hospital if I'm having contractions.  We learned that we need to head to the hospital if my contractions are occurring every 5-10 minutes for an hour with a second labor vs. every 4 min for 2 hours in a first time mama.

Here's to getting last weeks things done and maybe a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment