Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Favorite Team Won Today

The emotional roller coaster that is the 2012-2013 Indiana basketball season continued today, albeit barely, after the Hoosiers overcame an upset bid by Temple.  IU trailed almost the entire second half before taking a one-point lead with 1:19 to play and then nailing it down with a three from Oladipo with 14 seconds left.  Similar to last year's Round of 32 win, E taped me to get my reaction to the game.  She did it largely because our friend, D.J., wanted to see just how much of a basketcase I was during the game.  I honestly did not try to ham for the camera, although I am assuming no one will believe me when I say that.  Also, the line at the end about my prayers is the truth--the last three minutes of the game went exactly as I prayed for it.  No more Temple scoring and a back-breaker three that made the final 14 seconds far less stressful.  I just couldn't take anymore anxiety.  You have your problems, I have mine.  But I can honestly say I am thankful.  The stress of this season has been ridiculous and exhausting.  And I desperately hope the stress lasts for four more wins.

 

One last thing--there is nothing better than celebrating IU wins with Matthew, who never gets upset when I go nuts; he joins in every time.



1 comment:

  1. You'll notice at the end of the second video Mike starts to panic about the refs putting seconds back on the clock. He didn't really think this was happening. His acting is just that good.

    ReplyDelete