Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Heading to the Hospital Today

But don't get too excited.  It's not to have a baby.

This afternoon we are doing fetal non-stress monitoring and having an ultrasound.  If the baby is still thriving, we will walk across the street for a standard appointment with our doctor.  If they find that the baby is in any way distressed, we will be induced.  So, our bags are packed and in the car just in case.

Yesterday, I had blood work done which revealed that I do not need another rhogam injection (the injection that I had at week 28 due to my negative blood type) because there is still an adequate amount in my system.  Yey.

Many people have been asking how we are doing.  We really appreciate knowing how much people are thinking of us, praying for us, and definitely have gratitude for the empathy and encouragement.  We are actually much more at peace and content than we were even a week ago.  We know that this baby will come in God's right timing (not that we didn't always know this, but I think we feel it more).  And I think the passing of the due date has helped.  Seemed like the date was a goal that you're reaching for, but once you're past it...well, I don't know how to describe it, but we're more peaceful.  We've been taking advantage of having more quality time together.  And I've definitely been making the most of the time to sleep!  Last night I for sure feel asleep at 9pm and besides a couple bathroom breaks, I slept till 6am.  That won't be happening for awhile once the little guy arrives!  Oh, and did I not mention that I then took a nap from 8:15-9 this morning.  It's a good day.

Well, I should probably shower before I get my pedicure.  It's been a tough 24 hours...

We'll be keeping you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment