Thursday, October 6, 2011

Amazing Gifts of Humor

Yesterday, Mike and I went to the doctor to get Mike tested for Strep...and Gonorrhea.  Or at least one of those things.  The lobby was full of gifts.

It starts with a woman who greets her 90+ year old husband.  She's talking about how hard it was to find a parking spot and then says, "I may have hit someone.  I looked at their car and the side is all scratched up."

I remember this conversation almost verbatim, mostly due to the fact she repeated it three times because her husband couldn't hear her.

Speaking of not hearing, two minutes later a 70+ year old woman comes out to her husband talking Mike-style, i.e., screaming.  She's declaring that her hearing is "so much better."  "The doctor took so much wax out of my ears!  No wonder I couldn't hear even with my aid in."  Um, ma'am, you might still want to check your hearing aid because even the Taliban can hear and understand you.

The loveliness continues when we get to my parents house for a visit.  My mom says, "You know, the good  thing about pink eye is..."  Mike quickly interrupted, "Wait!  What's the good thing about getting poop particles in your eye?"  My mom did have a point, but I don't want to share that.  It would take away from the funny.

And finally, today, Mike and I were walking at a park near our house.  An older man appearing very tired, walked past us and then this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d-67gRDa4s&NR=1

Unbelievable.

1 comment:

  1. Did he toot? Or did he really step on a frog? Sad if it was the frog ...
    Also did Dustin infect your husband or was this precautionary?

    ReplyDelete