Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Big Brother, Big Sister

Written by: E

I could have always described Matthew as sweet and compassionate, but he continues to amaze me as a big brother, son, and my helper. When I'm making dinner and Nathaniel starts to cry, Matthew will try to cheer him up by playing with him or giving him a toy. Matthew will sit and hold out his arms to hold Nathaniel to make it easier for me to get him milk or a snack. And he will yell for me when Peanut is crying because he is stuck under the TV stand because he rolled too far. 




Since birth it seems, people have most frequently described Thea as sweet. She adores Nathaniel. she'll hold Nathaniel's hand, sing to him, tell him how cute and loved he is and bring him toys. 


Thea feels safer and is more full of joy when Matthew is around. 


While 3 under 4 has given us challenges and serious exhaustion, we are hoping that these sweet friendships will last a lifetime and it will have all been more than worth it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment