Sunday, September 13, 2015

Nathaniel Benjamin

Nathaniel Benjamin Schwartz came two weeks early and like lightening, THANKFULLY, three weeks ago. I had seen my OB just two days before and she said "I think we've got some time..."  Nope.  Not so much.

I had been having contractions but they were in my lower abdomen which was different than what I had experienced during my prior pregnancies. Thus, I didn't see them as warning signs of his imminent arrival.  In fact, I was concerned that maybe something was wrong.  

I woke up at 5:40 on Saturday, August 22nd, and was having these same contractions only they hurt. A lot.  Thirty minutes later after no more than 5 contractions, I came down to Mike and the kids (who had just woken up) and said, "I think I'm in labor."  We live 45 minutes from the hospital and Thea had come within 3 1/2 hours of the onset of labor so I knew we had to leave pretty quickly but I still wasn't totally sure I was in labor or if they would stop after I walked around and/or woke up a little.  I called the doctor and told her we were on our way.

It was a good thing we did.  The first time I was checked by a doctor I was 9cm and Nathaniel was born 55 minutes after we arrived at the hospital and not by my doctor or the on call doctor but a resident who was extraordinary.   

I am so relieved and grateful this little guy came two weeks early as my pregnancy was very difficult. It was the pregnancy to end all of our pregnancy.  We are savoring these first weeks so much despite the challenges with disrupted sleep.  We are in love with our little baby boy and our BIG kids are dreamlike with Nathaniel.  They sing to him, kiss him and look for him when they wake up in the morning.  

Nathaniel Benjamin born 8-22-15 weighing 6 pounds, 5 ounces with a length of 19.5 inches.
Mike ran back into the house right before we left for the hospital.
He came back out wearing these pants. 3 for 3 on the births of our children.
 




Thea was apprehensive but excited as she is with all new people
 and Matthew was gentle, curious and excited.




Heading home in the infamous outfit (my brothers and I came
home in this as well as Paul's kids and our kids).

No comments:

Post a Comment