Monday, August 25, 2014

Exploritorium

Since it's in the 90s today with a humidity level that takes us to the hundies, the kiddos and I went to a local park district Exploritorium.

Thea's on her tiptoes! 
And yes, Matthew was wearing pink socks in that last picture.  Yes, they are Thea's.  I don't know how they fit but they were the first ones I could find and there is a part of the park that you may not wear shoes, but need to wear socks.

We all live in a yellow submarine


My heart melted a little when Matthew stopped the more busy, physical play to color a picture.


It melted even more when he brought it to me and said "Happy Mother's Day!"

I spy Thea in a peanut-sized park

Me: Great tower buddy!
Matthew: No Mommy, this is an apple.

I love seeing my children this happy
Another boy at the park told Matthew he had to be wearing a costume to get on stage.  Matthew excitedly hurried to get one and he picked a joker costume.  The boy explained to Matthew that joker "kills people and then laughs when he drives by the dead."  Matthew replied, "That's funny."  What he meant was, "I have absolutely no idea what you said but I like that you're playing with me."


After almost two hours of great fun, we all agreed it was time to head home for what I was told was going to be pizza.

Good-bye!


















No comments:

Post a Comment