Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sleep: A Week in Review

Sunday Night:
9:30: Asleep almost instantly when my head hit the pillow
9:50: Awakened by Mike rubbing my arm in his sleep.  Very nice, Mike.  Now stop it.
10:40: Matthew wakes up with diarrhea.  I change his diaper and take off his jammies because he is a radiator when under the covers in our bed, which is where I took him.
10:50: Thea wakes up because of Matthew crying.  I feed her because that ain't her fault.
4:30: Awakened when Matthew sweetly aligns himself next to me, in the fetal position, on the top of the covers, FREEZING cold.  I move him back to his pillow and put the covers on top of him.
4:34: Thea's crying.  And this continues on and off for the next 45 minutes.  AND...Matthew's up for the day.  And awesome.  So are we.

Monday Night:
8:15: Matthew starts crying and comes out to the family room until about 8:45.
Midnight: Matthew's crying.  Was able to talk to him via the monitor (thank you, monitor)
4:30: Thea is up for a feeding.

Tuesday Night: For whatever reason, Matthew wakes up at 3:30 and despite trying, can't fall back to sleep.

Wednesday Night: Up with Mike with stomach issues.  For an hour.  At 3am.  Both kids...slept through the night.

Thursday Night: I woke up once when Thea cried for about 5-10 minutes around 3am.  Pretty good! And a HUGE relief!

Saturday Morning:
E: Are you going to ask me how my night's sleep was?
Mike: Oh, yeah! I just assumed you slept great, deeply, and through the night because I did.
E: Of course you did. (pause) Matthew woke up crying at 1am because he was tangled in his blanket and Thea woke up at 3am but went to sleep without me feeding her about 5-10 minutes later.  And then I woke up to go to the bathroom once, woke up when you went to the bathroom, and was hot/cold all night long.  Soooo, not such a great night for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment