Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Oh Matthew...

Mike came home (after watching some Purdont baseball at UIC) last night with a sore throat and stuffy nose. At 3:45 AM he woke up and had a 100.4 fever. Mike took some medicine and we went back to bed in separate rooms.

This morning I shunned him from our home until his fever ended to prevent our little one from getting sick.

Matthew really struggles to sleep at night when he doesn't get to see his dad. Every time. He cries and cries and cries. Hard. Tonight was not much different in that he struggled but it certainly was different. And funny. And sad.

I put him down to bed a little early tonight because he was fussy and looked tired. After 40 minutes in bed and not settling (fussing, squealing, quiet, and then fussing again) I picked him up and cuddled with him for about 30 minutes and Mike talked to him on the phone. When Matthew heard his Daddy's voice he squealed several times and was kicking and smiling, all while reaching for the phone. So sweet. He loves his dad so much.

Then he pooped.

I changed him and then put him to bed. This is when the funny starts...

Matthew sleeps on his stomach but when I put him down he immediately rolled onto his back. I rolled him back to his stomach with the assumption that he might not fall asleep on his back since he never does and wouldn't think to roll back to his stomach on his own. He then rolled again immediately to his back. We went back and forth 5 or 6 times (with me trying not to laugh at this game) before I just left him. He cried for about 7 minutes and then...silence.

I checked on him an hour later wondering what had happened...

He was on his stomach...at the very top of the crib...with no blanket...and his left arm completely wedged under him. Man do I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment